Stats

Climbers

Eldred Valley

garret said Sun, 10 Aug 2008 11:20:32 -0700

was just up the eldred vally on the 2, 3, 4 of august 2008... fun climbing, remote with little chance to run into other climbers or get into a line up for that matter.. i we showed up with the clibing guide to powel river and very little beta, got on "SIR" on the first day, great rute with short lived cruxses, good firts climb in the vally. the next day got up early and spent half the day trying to find the rute we wanted to do...we ended up on "skits" which turned out to be a great climb... the book is a history lesson on the area and climbs with very little rute decription. the day we were leaving we found great topos and rute descritions in the out house at the camp ground, this would have saved us half a day.. climbing in the heat of the day is not an option, get up early and be on the rock by 600 630 or your feet will fry, as we found out, there is lots of rap staions for bailing and are ez to find on the way down. you do need two 60m ropes. seal all you food in the food cash we found that mice were getting into one of our bags way up in the tree.. there is construction on the way in take your time on the road.
overall a beautiful place to explore and worth a trip for sure, i will be back..

john said Tue, 12 Aug 2008 20:38:53 -0700

thats good to hear the photos I left in the new route book in the outhouse are still there. the guide for the valley is quite outdated, so I felt the 8" X 12" topo photo of the Slab would help. too bad you didn't notice it sooner. Good that more people are enjoying the routes.

jw

Please Login

You must first login if you want to post a reply.

Debug

User

request.location.inspect => nil

current_location => #<CurrentLocation:0x0000000968cc30 @lat=49.701703, @lng=-123.158772, @name="Squamish">