Stats

Climbers

BC Beta

boothmify said Thu, 06 Jun 2013 09:36:42 -0700

Hello all, 

I was hoping to gather some advice and suggestions for places to climb in BC. I'm planning a trip for mid july to surf the skookumchuck narrows in Egmont, BC but I'd also like to do some climbing. I'm looking for some single pitch sport climbs in the 5.7- 5.9 range. Ill

boothmify said Thu, 06 Jun 2013 09:41:28 -0700

Sorry, I posted before finishing. ....I'm willing to drive a few hrs to get to the crags. I was looking into squamish, but I'm concerned that most of the routes there will be out of my skill range. Thanks in advance for your help!

bcclimbing said Thu, 06 Jun 2013 09:53:54 -0700

There are quite a few easier sport routes in Squamish, but the sport mecca for BC would be Skaha, just outside of Penticton. As an added bonus there are also lots of vineyards and when you're not climbing you can be drinking wine and relaxing in the sun. The drive is around 4 hours from Vancouver. Since you'll be up in Egmont, I would also suggest checking out the climbing around Powell River as well. Once more ferry ride, and some nice local bluffs. Check out http://prclimbing.blogspot.ca/ for some more info on climbing there.

Please Login

You must first login if you want to post a reply.

Debug

User

request.location.inspect => nil

current_location => #<CurrentLocation:0x00000009296e00 @lat=49.701703, @lng=-123.158772, @name="Squamish">